Return to Vassagocycles.com

Thursday, June 25, 2009

A changing of the guards at Vassago.

Hello, I want to introduce myself to all Vassago riders and the legions of prospective Vassago riders (that was for the investors.)
My name is Kris Fowler, founder of Vassago Cycles.

I have been going over in my head the best way to announce the current state of Vassago officially. In the end, I think straight forward honesty is best. So here goes.

Two years ago my 3 year old, and youngest daughter, was diagnosed with a rare and terminal cancer. Over the past two years I have become less and less involved with Vassago as business grows busier everyday, but with the help of a few great people we have managed to keep up with demand.

We have reached a point where my daughter will receive her 5th surgery this year and then spend 5 months in a hospital "clean room" where I have decided to stay with her and hand over my other "baby", Vassago Cycles, to the hands of trusted friends and family.

While I will not be involved in the company, I want to make it clear that Vassago Cycles IS STILL IN BUSINESS, but will simply be running on a skeleton crew for the next few months.

The 100s of frames scheduled to arrive this year will ship on time, all pre-orders are on schedule, and all new model designs are still moving forward in production. However, the transition of employees and lack of my "omnipresent" involvement (I just call it being detail oriented) will definitely cause some "growing pains."

This may mean slower returned phone calls or emails and slower shipping, and we ask for your patience ahead of time. Rest assured, our product, customer service and warranty support will remain unaffected through this transition.

We appreciate in advance your understanding. Enjoy the ride!

Sincerely,

- Kris Fowler
Vassago Cycles